Monday, January 27, 2014

FCA Competitor's Creed ~ ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!?!

Happy Monday to you, Happy Monday to you, Happy Monday sweet frienddddddd...Happy Monday to you! (sang to the Happy Birthday jingle, of course!) I hope you had a great weekend and are surviving this bitterly cold Monday. Brrrrrrr.

I am excited about the first video we are going to watch today. I think it is perfectly fitting for us to walk through the Competitors Creed together. Do you know what it is? Have you ever read? If not, you are in for a huge treat! Ready? Great. Turn your cell phone on silent (yes, that means you) and lets pray:

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to meet with this precious daughter of yours today. I pray that you would clear her mind of every worry, stress, fear and distraction right now. Lord, thank you for the ministry of FCA which allows us to share our faith in Jesus and grow more like Him every day. Please take this time to draw each of us closer to you and get a clearer understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. In Jesus name, Amen.

Alright! Here we go. The FCA Competitors Creed... this will rock your socks off!

http://vimeo.com/14425479

If you can't click the link above, copy and paste it in your browser then come back so we can talk about the video.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, what did you think? I've heard the creed countless times and still get the goosies! Have you ever thought about playing for the glory of God? How does this motivate you? I don't know about you but I am fired up... and I am a middle-aged Momma snuggled up in my computer room sipping on tea! :) If you want to play for Christ every time you put on your uniform, lace up your shoes or walk out of the locker room, then you grasp it. Whoop Whoop! Take some time to read over the creed below and comment under the blog post and share what part impacted you and why. I am looking forward to your feedback. 

Last but not least, please let me know about any prayer requests you have. It is an honor and privilege to pray for you! 

For HIS fame,
Becky Patterson
FCA Staff of Northwest Arkansas


I am a Christian first and last.
I am created in the likeness of 
God Almighty to bring Him glory.
I am a member of Team Jesus Christ.
I wear the colors of the cross.
I am a Competitor now and forever.
I am made to strive, to strain,
to stretch and to succeed
in the arena of competition.
I am a Christian Competitor
and as such, I face my challenger
with the face of Christ.
I do not trust in myself.
I do not boast in my abilities
or believe in my own strength.
I rely solely on the power of God.
I compete for the pleasure of
my Heavenly Father, the honor of Christ
and the reputation of the Holy Spirit.
My attitude on and off
the field is above reproach -
my conduct beyond criticism.
Whether I am preparing,
practicing or playing;
I submit to God’s authority
and those He has put over me.
I respect my coaches, officials,
teammates and competitors 
out of respect for the Lord.
My body is the temple of Jesus Christ.
I protect it from within and without.
Nothing enters my body that
does not honor the Living God.
My sweat is an offering to my Master.
My soreness is a sacrifice to my Savior.
I give my all – all of the time.
I do not give up. I do not give in.
I do not give out. I am the Lord’s warrior -
a competitor by conviction
and a disciple of determination.
I am confident beyond reason
because my confidence lies in Christ.
The results of my efforts
must result in His glory.
LET THE COMPETITION BEGIN.
LET THE GLORY BE GOD’S.

1 comment:

  1. I would agree that everytime I've read the Competitor's Creed, and especially when I've heard that version, over the years I get fired up!! It puts a spark in my heart that challenges me to do better. The Competitor's Creed, to me, is an overall picture of what competing for Christ looks like. When I read it, it helps me see areas of opportunity and growth. Those areas change sometimes, but for example as I read it again tonight one section jumps out:
    "I am a Competitor now and forever. I am made to strive, to strain, to stretch and to succeed in the arena of competition."
    I graduated college in 2011, so my days as an actual 'athlete' are few and far between, but in reality life is a competition. My arena of competition may not quite be so literal anymore on a day-in, day-out basis, but I am still striving, straining, and stretching myselft to succeed at my job and in my personal relationship with Christ.

    ReplyDelete