Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Can you have FUN being a Christian athlete?

Have you ever felt like you are alone in your pursuit of God? Do you ever feel alone as you watch the majority of your teammates take part in things that you know are wrong? If so, then you are being CALLED to something greater than you could ever fathom! It is easy, yes EASY, to follow the crowd. In Matthew 7:13 and 1, Jesus tells us this: "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." This is great news for you because you have entered the narrow gate and are pressing on! Be encouraged today as you watch this video of Razorback athletes who attended an FCA College Conference for athletes. After you watch this video, you will know that it is an exciting adventure being a follower of Jesus Christ and yes...it's a blast!


Dear Lord, I need You so much. It seems like I keep find myself being drug down by all that goes on around me and I struggle with temptation. Please give me strength to run the other way, and give me the wisdom to run to Your arms where I know I am going to be safe and loved. I really want to be an athlete of character. Father, please help me surround myself with other athletes and friends who want to walk through the narrow gate and chase after you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment